July 25, 2006

Meh. Too hot.

In the last couple days I've done a lot of running around to various appointments via bus -- not a huge problem in itself, but having to scuttle around so much in the heat has taken a toll on my motivation to clean and organize, and I'm not even going to talk about how hot it is in my apartment. It's supposed to stay in the 90s through the weekend, too. Feh.

*

Still no word from landlord. Stuff still in boxes. This evening I'll try again to pry a definite answer out of landlord about when he's going to have my fridge replaced and rug taken out. I'll also go through at least one of those boxes, so help me god, and get the contents whittled down and in some sort of order, even if I end up having to put them back into the box in the unlikely event that carpet removal is imminent.

Problems with sorting:

1. Temptation to read everything closely as I go
2. Getting upset about some of the mail, esp. things about health insurance and money matters

I do have some empty file folders. I think I'll label a few with likely categories before I start, so I can put things into them as I work. That should make it go faster.

*

I haven't been to the YWCA for a couple of weeks. My back has been giving me some trouble lately, but I want to go tomorrow anyway, after I've done my sorting. Maybe I'll just stretch and then use the pool. Yeah, that sounds good.

*

"Never keep up with the Joneses; drag them down to your level. It's cheaper." -- Quentin Crisp

Merchandise, it keeps us in line
Common sense says it's by design...
You are not what you own

Fugazi, "Merchandise," 1989

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home